Deposit Placed

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hehey

Post by Hehey »

Hi All,
I've been an avid Land Rover fan for years, currently own a Disco 4, a V8 Disco 1 and a Defender. Visited my local LR dealership, (with whom I'm on first name terms :D ) a few weeks ago and put a deposit on a Disco 5. Dealer Principals have seen the vehicle and launch apparently will be this year. Looking forward to champers & canapés when the day comes !

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum Hehey,
I'm sure we'll see it at Paris, if not before and then hopefully officially on sale not long after that!

Did they give any indication of when a launch or official reveal might be?
Hehey

Post by Hehey »

Thanks for the welcome.
The dealer was unable to give a definite launch date but did firmly indicate it would be this year. They do send me a fortnightly email to keep me interested, usually with the latest spy shots.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Congratulations on placing your order - Interesting that you receive fortnightly email updates on your purchase - that is a service I have never received with any manufacturers dealership !
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That's good, you'll have to share with us anything interesting they send you ;)
Hehey

Post by Hehey »

To be honest I've usually already seen the shots they send, as I'm sure everyone else has. If I get anything concrete with regard to launch dates I'll be sure to let you all know. Apparently I've got no 11 build slot at the factory when it goes into production. I'm rather sceptical about that as I'd expect the dealerships to have first dibs for their demo cars.