Considering replacing my Disco 4 with a 5

New to the Disco 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AussieMan

Post by AussieMan »

Had my trusty Disco 4 for years now, I have been waiting to hear about the Discovery 5 for some time now and really like what I see.

Look forward to being able to see and test drive one.

Anyone know when dealers might get them in?

ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

I'm not sure exactly when the Discovery 5 will be available to view and test drive but I have been invited to an "All-New Discovery preview event" at my local dealership in early November. As far as I am aware this event is taking place all over the country so maybe you can speak to your local dealer about this event and how you can obtain an invite. However, please be aware that in my case the dealer was unaware that the event was taking place at his dealership!
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

My dealer is having a preview 1st Decenber but you can't drive it.
ss90619

Post by ss90619 »

Agree you will not be able to drive but still useful to see the vehicle in the flesh. I did get to speak to a Land Rover representative - not a salesman - at Westfield Stratford shopping centre where they were show casing the Jaguar F Pace. We had a long discussion about the Discovery and in his opinion he was very impressed with the new model. He had driven both the 2L and 3L Diesel and he found the 2L the better handling car probably due to the weight of the engine vs the heavier 3L. He also said the build quality was a step up from the 4 although he did mention that he found the leg room in rows 2 and 3 to be less than in the 4. However, this should be balanced out by the fact that the second row seats in the 5 slide and recline. For me I do prefer the 3 individual seats in the 2nd row rather than the 60-40 split in the new model but it is not a deal breaker.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the info, I'll have a chat with my dealer about when they're getting one in.

If possible I'll take some photos and post them on here.
Sticklane

Post by Sticklane »

Hi, I went to my local dealer's (Harwooods) preview event on Wednesday. They told me they are taking deposits now for the first build slots and that the first 600 cars are going to be "first editions". They told me that they wouldn't have the new Disco to test drive until Jan/Feb and the early delivery slot would be March. They reckoned it would be a 6 month wait after that.
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

My dealer has their preview this Thursday. I have a first edition in order for hopefully a march delivery. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

v2cjb wrote:My dealer has their preview this Thursday. I have a first edition in order for hopefully a march delivery. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Share some pictures if you can!
v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

IMG_0889.JPG

v2cjb

Post by v2cjb »

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG